We have been seeing a lot of chickadees as well as blue jays recently in our back yard and this inspired my son’s bird preschool letter activities for the week. My daughter also joined in with her own consonant blends activities to help er with her phonics. My son’s learning style is completely different from my daughter’s- he hardly tolerates any alphabet worksheets and so my all the preschool letter worksheets that I did with my daughter are a no-go.
This week’s #toolsforlearning challenge is magnetic letters! Naturally I wondered how I was going to pull this off and if C would even look at me and our activity.
HOW TO PLAY OUR BIRD PRESCHOOL LETTER ACTIVITIES
Before you can start all the fun you need a few things: (Please note that affiliate links are used below for your convenience):
- Cardstock for printing
- Uppercase Magnetic Letters
- Printer (we absolutely love our Epson Stylus NX530
- Bird Preschool Letter Cards (at the end of this post)
- Print and cut out the bird preschool letter cards and stack them.
- Place all the magnetic letters on a flat surface so that they are visible.
- Allow your preschooler to pick a bird card and then find the matching upper case magnetic letter.
- If a correct match is made, then the bird card can be placed in the birdhouse (included in the pack).
If you have a cookie sheet, you can also place the birdhouse sheet on it and simply place the magnetic letters on it when they are matched correctly.
Other Preschool Letter Activities To Try:
Here are a few other magnetic letter ideas to try:
Magnetic Letter I Spy Game from Life Over C’s
Bird Magnetic Preschool Letter Activities from Learning 2 Walk
Spelling Sight Words with Magnetic Letters from Mom Inspired Life
Magnetic Letter Search & Find Sight Word Sensory Bin from Play Dough & Popsicles
Magnetic Letters Identification Spoons Handwriting Game from Sugar Aunts
Alphabet Magnets Beginning Sound Match from The Kindergarten Connection
Magnet Letters Connect the Dots Learning Activityfrom School Time Snippets
Word Family Magnet Learning Activity from Raising Little Superheroes
Magnetic Letters Spelling Sensory Bin from Something to Offer
Magnetic Letters Travel Game from Play & Learn Everyday