C my son was recently introduced to clip cards and clothespins last week when I created an alphabet upper case clip card set for him. He loved trying to squeeze the clothespin and eventually he tried to get them on the clip card. Seeing that he needs to continue working on those fine motor skills, I created an ocean number clip card set for him.
My daughter is big on identifying animals and C is trying his best to keep up with his big sister. He also loves shouting out a number or letter when he sees it- and he ensures that you acknowledge him when he says it. I must say, it totally slipped my mind that introducing a clothespin might be a bit challenging for a preschooler. Luckily C is a fairly patient kid when he is interested in an activity so he was a good sport.
Ocean Number Clip Cards Supplies
Before you can start all the fun you need a few things: (Please note that affiliate links are used below for your convenience):
HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer with Mobile Printing, Instant InkWhitmor Heavy-Duty Natural Wood Clothespins, 100 pinsNeenah Exact Index Card Stock, 8.5 x 11 Inch, 90 lb, White, 250 Sheets (40311)Magnifier 3 LED Light, Marrywindix 3X 15X Handheld Magnifier Reading Magnifying Glass Lens Jewelry Loupe White and Black
- Ocean Number Clip Cards (at the end of this post)
Preparing this activity is so quick and easy.
- Simply print on cardstock for durability and then cut out the cards. Its even faster with a paper cutter as opposed to a pair of scissors.
- Demonstrate what needs to be done with a few cards. Pick up the magnifying glass to find the hidden number.
- Once you find the number, use the clip card to identify it.
- Have your preschooler have a go at it.
Try these other magnifying glass activities
- Magnifying Glass Color Game for Preschoolers from Life Over Cs
- Find the Hidden Numbers Ocean Number Clip Cards from Learning 2 Walk
- I Spy Alphabet Search and Find Printable from Mom Inspired Life
- Preschool Science: Flower Investigation from Preschool Powol Packets
- Magnifying Glass Discovery from Schooling A Monkey
- Investigating on the light table from Sugar, Spice and Glitter