Okay, I have a confession to make- I love the minions (even though we are yet to see the movie – we have to wait for it to be in our small town movie theatre). I love it so much that I go up to my kids and randomly say phrases such as “Papoy?” and “Beedo, beedo!” What can I say, those little yellow things got under my skin. Today I will be sharing with you our minion sugar cookies.
Minions Sugar Cookie Ingredients:
- 3 C all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 C unsalted butter (room temp)
- 1 C sugar
- 1 egg (room temp), beaten
- 1 TBSP whole milk
Minions Sugar Cookie Directions:
1) Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together. Set aside.
2) Put butter and sugar in large bowl with an electric stand mixer.
3) Beat until light in color. Add egg and milk beating to combine.
4) With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour beating until mixture pulls away from the side of the bowl.
5) Dividing the dough in half and wrap in waxed paper. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
6) Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
7) Sprinkle cutting board with flour and take 1 roll of chilled cookie dough while rolling out dough to a quarter inch thick.
8) Use a round cookie cutter and cut out circles for the “Minion” faces.
9) Place each face 1 inch apart on your prepared cookie sheet.
10) Bake cookies at 375 for 7-9 minutes or until the edge of the cookies begin to brown.
11) Allow cookies to slightly cool on the cookie sheet.
12) Remove them to a wire rack to completely cool for frosting.
- 2 egg whites
- 1 C powder sugar
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- Yellow, blue, black and grey gel food coloring
Minion Sugar Cookies Icing Directions:
1) Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl mixing on medium speed for 4 minutes. (except your food coloring).
2) If icing is not stiff enough add 1/4 C powder sugar.
3) Spoon the icing into a bowl….Divide the icing into three bowls….
a) Add several drops of yellow gel food coloring in one bowl of icing … stir well to mix the color.
b) Add several drops of blue gel food coloring in the second bowl of icing…stir well to mix…
c) After the cookies have completely cooled….half of the cookies will be yellow while the other half will be blue….
4) Start by outlining each cookie with the main color. After the outlining is done add 1-2 drops of water to the icing to frost each cookie.
5) Allow cookies to dry completely.
6) Locate pictures of the faces of the Minion to use as a sample.
7) Divide the third bowl of icing to match the colors for the faces and other features for each of the Minions. For example: glass frames=black, mouths= black, glasses=grey,
8) Follow the sample pictures of the minions faces that you have found and add the facial features of each Minion.
9) Allow the completed cookies to dry for 5-6 hours or overnight.
Take into consideration if you live in a humid climate, it will take longer.